At this section of www.IllinoisVictims.Org everyone can share their own stories of victimization and loss.
Any crime victim or organization is welcome to their own web page at this website. Email your content to IllinoisVictims@gmail.com and we will post the page. From there you will be able to blog and post there as you wish.
Any homicide victim may post a memorial page here, and the public will be invited to post supportive comments. Send your memorial to IllinoisVictims@gmail.com.
Our Photo Banner
The above photos which make up our Crime Victims United of Illinois banner are the following murder victims, from left to right:
1. William Benjamin Jenkins, murdered at 16 in Richmond, Virginia. His father Bill Jenkins is one of the co-founders of CVUI/IllinoisVictims.Org. The offenders are serving life without parole, and 80 years sentences respectively in Virginia.
2. Richard Langert, Nancy Bishop Langert, and their unborn child – murdered in Winnetka, Illinois in 1990. Nancy’s sisters Jennifer and Jeanne are co-founders of CVUI, IllinoisVictims.org. The offender is serving life without parole in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
3. Rueben Pulido, murdered at age 13 in Chicago, at the side of his best friend Mark Lopez, also 13. Both were shot in the heart by random drive by. The offenders are serving life without parole in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
4. Starkesia Reed, 14, Chicago honor student murdered in Englewood in 2005. She was in her home waiting for the school bus before school, looking out her living room window. Drive by shooters using an AK-47 sprayed her street with bullets, which penetrated the wall of Starkesia’s home. The offenders were convicted of first degree murder and are serving in the IDOC. Denise Reed, Starkesia’s mother, is one of the founders of Purpose Over Pain.
5. Blair Holt, heroic 16 year old shot and killed on a Chicago School Bus when shooting broke out and he rose to save the life of the young woman behind him. His parents, Ron Holt and Annette Nance Holt are co-founders of Purpose Over Pain. Ron Holt is a Chicago Police Officer in charge of CAPS, Chicago Community Policing. Annette Nance Holt is a Chicago Fire Department Captain.
Kevin was found by his father in his Lakeview Apartment stabbed 42 times in the back, after a night out on Halsted in Boy’s Town. Visit the website above, and please contact the family, the police or Crimestoppers if you have any information at all that could help solve this horrible crime. We thank Ron Clewer, Kevin’s brother, for reaching out to us IllinoisVictims. Our hearts are with you!
7. Renee Olumbuni Rondeau – stabbed to death in a Loyola University area robbery. Her parents Gordon and Elaine Rondeau are founders of the National Coalition of Victims in Action.
8. Kenneth Kaner, Chicago Police Officer fallen hero, killed in the line of duty, leaving behind a widow and young children. His son Kurt is now a Chicago Police Officer as well. Kenneth’s death led to a broad change in national policing policy requiring all police officers to patrol in pairs instead of alone.