Sheila Doyle Foundation
Apply for compensation from the state crime victims' fund at the Attorney General's website.
1. The Right to be treated with fairness and respect for their dignity and privacy throughout the criminal justice process.
2. The Right to notification of court proceedings.
3. The Right to communicate with the prosecution.
4. The Right to make a statement to the court at sentencing.
5. The Right to information about the conviction, sentence, imprisonment, and release of the accused.
6. The Right to timely disposition of the case following the arrest of the accused.
7. The Right to be reasonably protected from the accused throughout the criminal justice process.
8. The Right to be present at the trial and all other court proceedings on the same basis as the accused, unless the victim is to testify and the court determines that the victim's testimony would be materially affected if the victim hears other testimony at the trial.
9. The Right to have present at all court proceedings, subject to the rules of evidence, an advocate or other support person of the victim's choice.
10. The Right to restitution.